TO ALL OUR PATIENTS
Coan Eye Care is committed to give you the most comprehensive eyecare in the safest way possible. Please rest assured that we continue to follow CDC guidelines, as well as the federal and state recommendations for practicing safe social distancing. At the same time, we are establishing a phase plan to resume normal office hours to see both routine and emergency patients.
HOURS OF OPERATION
We will continue to have reduced hours from 9-12am until May 16th. We will be open regular business hours on May 19th but appointments will be very limited. We will have more appointments available starting on June 2nd. Please call or text us to schedule your in-office or telemedicine appointment at 407-445-5170.
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE COMING TO OUR OFFICE
The door will remain locked but we will open it for one patient at time so that we can practice social distancing.
- APPOINTMENTS: When you have arrived for your appointment, text our office and wait in your car or at the door. We will call you and ask you a few questions before you enter the office and then we will call you when we are ready to take you to an exam room.
- PICKING UP: If you are picking up glasses or contact lenses, text our office and either wait at the door or in your car and we will dispense them to you.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO PROTECT YOU
- We are conducting pre-screenings and in-office screenings for all patients and guests, including daily temperature checks of all staff.
- All patients, guests, and staff are expected to wear face coverings. Please bring a mask or face covering to your appointment to help us conserve PPE for health-care providers. Our staff have also been provided with face shields.
- Each patient is required to wash their hands with soap and water upon entering the clinic and after the eye examination
- Only scheduled patients are allowed into the clinic. No other guests are allowed unless there is an extreme need and must be pre-approved before arriving.
- All patient history forms needs to be filled out prior to the exam and e mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patients who have a fever or are sick, shortness of breath, or come into contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms would be rescheduled for AT LEAST 2 weeks out.
- We are sanitizing our office before and after every patient so this may create a delay in your scheduled appointment time. We have a UVC light and added an air filtration system to help with keeping the air clean.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will be rescheduled.
- If you do not cancel 24 hours in advance of your appointment, you will be charged a “no-show” fee. Appointments are limited because we are scheduling less patients for your safety and we are quickly filling our appointment schedule.
- We will be disinfecting every pair of glasses that you try on. Please give all the frames that you try on to one of the opticians.
Thank you for entrusting us with your eyecare and we will get through this together. Stay healthy, continue to practice “social distancing,” good hygiene, and avoid touching your face. We miss seeing all our patients and cannot wait to help you continue to see the world more clearly.