We Now Offer Telemedicine!
Our top priority is the health and well-being of our patients, families, staff, and community. In this unprecedented time, we are deeply committed to keeping everyone safe. Knowing that you have the ability to connect with Coan Eye Care gives you the extra peace of mind you need.
There WILL be an optometrist on call in the event of an emergency. Should you require emergency care, please call our office as you normally would and one of our optometrists will contact you.
When you call your provider’s office for an appointment, tell us why you’d like to be seen. Emergencies include the following:
- Light Sensitivity
- Double vision
- Loss of or Decrease in Vision
- Veils, Curtains, Spider webs, Fog, etc.
- Foreign Body (Something in Eye)
- Medication Issues
Doing our part to keep you safe
In our efforts to keep you and our caregivers safe, we are pleased to announce that we’re now offering telehealth services!
From the comfort of your own home
You can have the expertise of the professional advice of your trusted Coan Eye Care doctors without ever leaving your home.
The process is simple
Simply let our staff know that you are interested in a telehealth visit and we will then schedule an appointment.
What your visit will look like
- Call your provider’s office to schedule an appointment to see if your visit qualifies for a telehealth exam. One of our technicians or opticians will initiate contact to collect important medical history information to prepare the doctor, for your visit. Expect a call within the next 60 minutes from your eye doctor, who will ask you more questions to make a diagnosis and recommend a treatment plan.
- Before speaking with the doctor, download the eyechart and check your vision before signing into the virtual waiting room.
- At your scheduled appointment time, you will be able to join our virtual waiting room through a link sent to you via email (recommended method), or via portal or mobile app.
- The website is: https://doxy.me/coaneyecare
If, during the visit, the provider feels you need a follow-up exam in person, you will be scheduled accordingly.
As a result of recent changes announced by the government, Medicare, Aetna, Cigna, Florida Blue, Humana and United now cover telehealth services according to the applicable benefits, and will be subject to a copay or deductible just as a regular office visit would be.
Stay safe, stay well
At Coan Eye Care we are concerned with the health and well-being of our patients, our families, our team, and our community in mind. We wish all of you continued health and strength during this challenging time.